You are watching: A trial balance is prepared to quizlet
24. An bookkeeping record into which the necessary facts and also figures in connection with every transactions are very first recorded is called the a. Ledger. B. Account. C. Attempt balance. D. None of this answer choices are correct.
25. A psychological balancea. Proves that debits and also credits space equal in the ledger.b. Offers a listing of open up accounts and their balances that are provided in preparing financial statements.c. Is usually prepared three times in the bookkeeping cycle.d. All of these answer choices are correct.
27. I beg your pardon of the complying with is a in the name (temporary) account? a. Unearned business Revenue b. Salaries and also Wages expense c. Inventory d. Kept Earnings
32. The debit and credit evaluation of a transaction generally takes place a. Before an entrance is recorded in a journal. B. When the entry is post to the ledger. C. Once the psychological balance is prepared. D. At the finish of the audit cycle.
34. The difference in between the accounting procedure and the audit cycle isa. The accounting procedure results in the preparation of financial statements, whereas the accountancy cycle is involved with recording service transactions.b. The audit cycle represents the measures taken to attain the bookkeeping process.c. The accounting procedure represents the procedures taken to accomplish the accountancy cycle.d. Simply semantic, due to the fact that both concepts refer come the very same thing.
35. One optional action in the accountancy cycle is the ready ofa. Adjusting entries.b. Closeup of the door entries.c. A statement of cash flows.d. A post-closing trial balance
40. A trial balance might prove the debits and also credits are equal, however a. One amount can be gone into in the not correct account. B. A transaction might have been gone into twice. C. A transaction might have to be omitted. D. Every one of these answer choices are correct.
41. A basic journal a. Chronologically lists transactions and also other events, to express in terms of debits and also credits. B. Consists of one record for each of the asset, liability, stockholders" equity, revenue, and also expense accounts. C. Lists all the increases and also decreases in each account in one place. D. Consists of only adjusting entries.
45. I beg your pardon of the following errors will cause an imbalance in the trial balance?a. Omission the a transaction in the journal.b. Posting whole journal entry twice to the ledger.c. Posting a credit transaction of $720 to account Payable as a credit of $720 to account Receivable.d. Listing the balance of one account with a debit balance in the credit tower of the attempt balance.
S46. I beg your pardon of the following is no a primary purpose of one unadjusted trial balance?a. That proves that debits and also credits the equal amounts are in the ledger.b. The is the basis for any adjustments come the account balances.c. It supplies a listing of open up accounts and also their balances.d. The proves the debits and credits to be properly gone into in the ledger accounts.
S47. An adjusting entry should never includea. A debit to an expense account and also a credit to a legal responsibility account.b. A debit come an cost account and a credit to a revenue account.c. A debit to a legal responsibility account and a credit transaction to revenue account.d. A debit come a revenue account and a credit to a legal responsibility account.
P51. The failure to effectively record an adjusting entry come accrue an expense will result in ana. Understatement that expenses and also an understatement the liabilities.b. Understatement the expenses and an overstatement the liabilities.c. Understatement that expenses and also an overstatement of assets.d. Overstatement that expenses and an understatement of assets.
P53. The failure to effectively record an adjusting entry come accrue a revenue article will an outcome in ana. Understatement that revenues and an understatement that liabilities.b. Overstatement of revenues and also an overstatement that liabilities.c. Overstatement the revenues and also an overstatement that assets.d. Understatement that revenues and also an understatement of assets
55. Adjustments are regularly prepared a. ~ the balance sheet date, but dated as of the balance paper date. B. After the balance paper date, and dated ~ the balance paper date. C. Prior to the balance paper date, and dated before the balance paper date. D. Prior to the balance sheet date, and also dated after ~ the balance sheet date.
64. When revenue or price has been recognized or incurred but not yet accumulated or paid, it is normally called a(n) ____________ revenue or expense. A. Deferred b. Adjusted c. Approximated d. None of these answer selections are correct.
69. Which of the complying with would no be a correct type for an adjusting entry? a. A debit come a revenue and a credit to a legal responsibility b. A debit to an expense and also a credit to a liability c. A debit to a liability and also a credit transaction to a revenue d. A debit come an asset and also a credit to a liability
S76. Which of the adhering to statements best describes the function of closing entries?a. To faciliate posting and taking a trial balance.b. To determine the lot of net revenue or network loss because that the adhering to period.c. To reduce the balances the revenue and also expense accounts to zero so the they might be offered to accumulate the revenues and expenses of the following period.d. To finish the record of miscellaneous transactions that were started in a prior period.
P77. If ending accounts receivable over the beginning accounts receivablea. Cash collections during the period exceed the quantity of revenue recognized.b. Net income for the duration is much less than the quantity of cash-basis income.c. No cash was built up during the period.d. Cash collections during the year are much less than the amount of revenue recognized.
80. As soon as converting native cash-basis come accrual-basis accounting, which of the complying with adjustments have to be made come cash paid because that operating prices to identify accrual-basis operating expenses? a. Include beginning accrued liabilities. B. Subtract start prepaid expense. C. Subtract finishing prepaid expense. D. Subtract interest expense.
Reversing entries space 1. Normally prepared because that prepaid, accrued, and estimated items. 2. Important to achieve a suitable matching that revenue and expense. 3. Beneficial in simplifying the recording of transactions in the next accounting period. A. 1 b. 2 c. 3 d. 1 and 2
82. Adjusting entries that must be reversed incorporate those because that prepaid or unearned items thata. Produce an heritage or a liability account.b. To be originally gotten in in a revenue or price account.c. Were originally entered in an legacy or legal responsibility account.d. Develop an heritage or a legal responsibility account and also were originally gone into in a revenue or price account.
See more: What Was The First Wrapped Penny Candy In America ? What Was The First Wrapped Penny Candy In America
*83. Adjusting entries that have to be reversed encompass a. All accrued revenues. B. Every accrued expenses. C. Those that debit an heritage or credit a liability. D. All of these answer choices are correct
84. A reversing entry need to never be produced an adjusting entry thata. Accrues unrecorded revenue.b. Adjusts expired prices from an heritage account come an expense account.c. Accrues unrecorded expenses.d. Adjusts unexpired prices from an expense account come an asset account
85. The worksheet for Sharko Co. Consisted of five pairs of debit and credit columns. The dollar lot of one item appeared in both the credit shaft of the earnings statement section and also the debit tower of the balance paper section. The item isa. Net earnings for the period.b. Beginning inventory.c. Cost of items sold.d. Network loss for the period.